Some of the mathematical functions are discussed in below set 1, set 2 and set 3
Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 1 (Numeric Functions)
Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 2 (Logarithmic and Power Functions)
Mathematical Functions in Python | Set 3 (Trigonometric and Angular Functions)
Special Functions and constants are discussed in this article.
1. gamma() :- This function is used to return the gamma function of the argument.
The gamma() of 4 is : 6.0
2. pi :- This is an inbuilt constant that outputs the value of pi(3.141592).
3. e :- This is an inbuilt constant that outputs the value of e(2.718281).
The value of const. pi is : 3.141592653589793 The value of const. e is : 2.718281828459045
4. inf :- This is a positive floating point infinity constant. -inf is used to denote the negative floating point infinity. This constant is defined in python 3.5 and above.
5. isinf() :- This function is used to check whether the value is an infinity or not.
6. nan :- This constant denotes “Not a number” in python. This constant is defined in python 3.5 and above.
7. isnan() :- This function returns true if the number is “nan” else returns false.
The number is nan The number is positive infinity
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python PIL | BoxBlur() method
- Python | sympy.ones() method
- Python | sympy.zeros() method
- Python | sympy.eye() method
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Python – The new generation Language
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Increment and Decrement Operators in Python
- str() vs repr() in Python
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Class or Static Variables in Python