Are you passionate about the Computer Science World? Do you love reading about cutting edge technologies and then writing articles or blogs about them? If so, then this is the event for you! GeeksforGeeks brings the Technical Scripter Event for all the students and professionals who possess the zeal to write technical blogs, articles or anything related to the Computer Science World.
The true alchemists do not change lead into gold, they change the world into words.
We truly believe this and that is why the Technical Scripter Event by GeeksforGeeks is a platform for all you geeks to change the world of Computer Science and showcase your writing skills at the same time. So we invite you all to pen down your technical knowledge and let the world learn from your ideas.
Highlights of the Technical Scripter Event
- This event is open from 20 September 2019 to 15 January 2020. You can write and Submit Technical Blogs, Articles or anything related to the computer science world.
- In-office internship opportunity for top 50 participants.
- Goodies (2 Pens, 1 Keychain) + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses for all participants.
- Cash Prizes for the Top 5 Winners.
- The Winners would be declared on the Basis of Public Voting for select topics.
- Chance to get Geek of the Month award.
Benefits of Participating in the Event
Apart from the chance of winning many goodies and cash prices, there are also many more benefits to participating in the Technical Scripter Event. Surprised?!! Let’s see them here:
- Writing in-depth articles will not only help others but also help in improving your own knowledge to a great extent you will have to study every small detail regarding the topic before you write and show it to the world. And the great thing about this is that you can choose the topics you want to write about and so obtain expert knowledge in the field you want (While winning prizes for it!!!)
- If you are a student preparing for your placements, this event is a wonderful opportunity for you! Writing articles about topics like Algorithms & Data Structures, C, C++, Java, Python, etc. will only make your study thoroughly. And this will help you ace the technical interviews in your placements!
- Participating in GeeksforGeeks Technical Scripter Event is also a great plus point for your resume and it will obviously add additional value to your skills (Again great for interviews!).
Topics to Write On
We have provided some topics that you can write on for the Technical Scripter Event. While you can choose any of these topics for writing an article or a blog post, you are certainly not limited to them! So choose a topic from the ones listed here or any other topic related to Computer Science and let your inner writer out!!!
- Algorithms & Data Structures
- Competitive Programming
- Techie Tips and tricks
- Linux Hacks
- Secure Coding
- Technical Blogs
- Design based articles
- Interesting Facts
- Cracking Technical Interviews
Note: Articles on library functions are not accepted under the Technical Scripter Event.
Prizes to be Won
There are many Cash Prizes and Goodies to be won!
- 1st Prize: INR 10,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 2nd Prize: INR 7,500 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 3rd Prize: INR 5,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 4th Prize: INR 2,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 5th Prize: INR 2,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 6th -10th Prize: GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 11th -50th Prize: Goodies(2 Pens, 1 Keychain) + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- Assured Reward* : Goodie (2 Pens, 1 Keychain) + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses.
* Each participant who manages to publish atleast one article will be rewarded.
How to Submit your Article?
The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
So get started by writing an article or blog post on any Computer Science topic that interests you! You can submit your article (or blog) by following these guidelines:
- Click on https://contribute.geeksforgeeks.org/ and submit your article under Write in Technical-Scripter.
- If you are doubtful about the topic you want to write on, then Click on https://contribute.geeksforgeeks.org/ and go to Write On Suggested Topic. Then you can select the topic you want to write on by clicking on the WRITE option and then selecting Pick for Technical Scripter as shown in the image.
- Use these guidelines to write the article – https://contribute.geeksforgeeks.org/guide-to-write-an-article/
- Any plagiarism detected in the article will disqualify the author.
- In case of any doubt please contact your respective Campus Ambassador or you can also drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.