Tekion Corp Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer (On-Campus) 2022
Tekion visited our campus in the last week of august and it was a 2-day process to select candidates from our campus for the ASE role (internship + FTE). So, here is my interview experience with tekion and I will try to include everything so that it will help future candidates.
Round – 1 (Online Coding Round): So, this round is basically a coding + MCQ round which is conducted on the Hackerearth platform and consists of 2 coding questions and 8 MCQs the time allocated for this round was 75 mins.
Coding Questions: The questions asked were of medium/ hard level of difficulty.
- The first question asked was similar to this https://leetcode.com/problems/split-array-largest-sum/
- The Second question asked was similar to this https://leetcode.com/problems/minimum-jumps-to-reach-home/.
MCQ’s Questions: MCQs were based on Subjects like DBMS, OS, and OOPS concepts where the code was in java.
Round – 2 (Technical Interview Round – 1): So this round was online and I have shared a zoom link I was supposed and join the meeting at the given time.
The interviewer was very calm and chill and started with a brief introduction of him and told me to introduce myself. After the introduction, he shared with me a doc link and directly jump to the first coding question.
- The first question was https://leetcode.com/problems/populating-next-right-pointers-in-each-node/. He asked me to explain the approach and then write the code. I wrote the code using level order traversal and the interviewer was satisfied with my solution.
- The second question was https://leetcode.com/problems/task-scheduler-ii/. He asked me to explain only the approach for this problem.
- The third question was https://leetcode.com/problems/course-schedule/. Again for this problem, I was supposed to first explain the approach and then write code for the same.
- I was able to do each problem and the interviewer was satisfied with my solution and explanation.
- Then 10-15 minutes were left and he started asking me questions like what is a deadlock, the basics of trie, etc. and this is how my first interview ends.
- So, after half an hour I got a mail for round – 2.
Round – 3 (Technical Interview Round – 2): So, this round was again online with a senior person working at tekion.
- Initially, the interviewer told me the pattern that what he is going to ask in the whole interview.
- After the introduction part, he started asking me about the projects that I mentioned in my resume and asked me everything related to them. I was not able to answer every question he asked but I answered most of them.
- Then he asked me to design a database for a Hotel Management system.
- I was actually not comfortable with the designing part so after 5 mins I told him that I am not comfortable with this so he said don’t worry let us move on.
- He then asked me what is your strong point except for DSA.
- So I told him that I Know OOPs, OS, and DBMS after that, he started asking me questions like what is synchronization,
- What are process scheduling algorithms and to explain every algorithm,
- How to handle deadlock, etc?
At last, he asked me one DSA question and the question was:
- Given an array consisting of integers -1, 1, 0 and your target is to print all subarrays having sum 0. I was able to do this question and the interviewer was satisfied with my performance. So, after 1 hour I got a call from our placement cell that I have been selected for the next round.
Round – 4 (HR Round): This round was offline and was actually a general discussion round with the company official who visited our campus.
After the HR round, I was eagerly waiting for the results and around 9 pm I got a mail from our placement cell that I have been selected for the role.
Please Login to comment...