I appeared for TCS NQT on 3rd of August 2019. The examination consisted of 4 sections Verbal ability, Aptitude, Programming logic and Coding. Aptitude was tough, better prepare for it and avoid negative marking. Programming logic was moderate, in my case all the question were of Fill in the blanks type so no guessing. And lastly one coding question which can be done using C/C++, Java, Python 2.7. If using Python then be careful of the indentation.
Result was announced on 10th August 2019 and I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for digital exam. The exam was on 11 August 2019. It consisted of 4 sections Verbal ability, Aptitude(Again a bit tougher), Programming Logic and coding (time: 1hr).
Result was announced on 19 August 2019. I cleared the test and now I was scheduled for digital interview at TCS Gitangali park, Kolkata on 10 September 2019.
Some technical questions are mentioned below:
- What is the difference between procedural orientated programming and OOP ?
- Difference between Stack and Queue ?
- What is Pointer ?
- How a C program and a Java program gets executed ?
- What is deterministic and non-deterministic loop ?
- What is function ? What is advantage of having functions ?
- What is AI, ML, DL?
- What is IoT ? Give a real life example ?
- What is Blockchain ?
- What is Big Data ?
- And few question on code output.
They asked me to explain the project. I had mentioned about my coding skills in CV and later on all the questions were to check my coding knowledge then asked my hobby and then it converted into a peaceful conversation.
Basic HR questions were asked :
- What is your strength and weakness ?
- Why TCS ?
- Any plans for higher education ?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
On 17 September 2019 got the offer letter for Digital Profile.
I hope this would help.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.