Round 1: The Round 1 Zone 2 contest was held on 15th August 2020. There were 6 coding questions of different difficulty levels that had to be solved within 6 hours. I solved 3 questions and I secured a rank of 732 and was qualified for the second round.
I received a mail on 10th September 2020 that I have been shortlisted for a Pre-Placement Interview with Tata Consultancy Services Limited which was scheduled on 11th September 2020.
So, basically in the 24-hour notice, I had to prepare for the interview. In the mail, they provided a link to Microsoft Team, where the virtual interview had to be taken.
TCS CodeVita 2020 Interview Experience: My interview was scheduled at 10:00 am but I had to wait in the lobby for 1 hour. Then they took me to the meeting, and I was asked to wait for around 20 mins till all the panelists join.
Finally, 5 panelists entered the meeting. Then they asked me to show my Government ID on camera.
Introduce yourself to the panelists.
Be aware of what you are mentioning in your interest and projects because your whole interview will be based on that. Since I mentioned that I have done an internship on Android App Development, they ignored other projects and interests and focused only on the Android App.
Round 2 (Technical Round):
They asked me all possible questions from Android App for 30 minutes.
- What is Android?
- What is the application?
- Use of Android Manifest file?
- Difference between Android and iOS?
- Android SDK …(These are the basic questions which I could answer, there were more questions which I could not answer)
I guess there was some Android developer in the panelists because I also mentioned other projects, they totally ignored it.
- Do u know C? I said yes.
- What is a friend function? How is it used? What is the profit of using it? I could not answer.
- What is call by value and call by reference in C? I explained.
- Difference between C++ and Java. I focused on multiple inheritances.
- Difference between abstract class and interface. What are the uses of abstract class and abstract function? I couldn’t properly answer.
- What is the final function, the final class? What are its uses? I only described the final keyword. And couldn’t answer the rest.
- What are the different access modifiers in java? Why a class can be made private? Can we write ”static public void main”? I answered.
- What is JDBC and explain the language of the OS? Do you know SQL? I said I do not have good knowledge
- Define the different exception handling in java. Then she gave me some situations and asked me if there would be any exceptions or not? Answered.
Round 3 (MR Round & HR Round):
- What do you think about the fact that women should do night shifts? I answered.
- If you are given a situation where your boss assigned you a role which you are not capable of and you hate that work and also you do not have any career hike..what will you do? I answered
- If you get an opportunity in Google, Microsoft, will you leave TCS? I answered.
- What are your strength and hobbies? I Answered.
- Are you willing to relocate? Answered.
- If you are given an opportunity to work in a team or by yourself which one will you choose? Answered
- A lot of abstract questions were asked again. I don’t remember all.
- Describe yourself in 3 words. What is the last thing you learned in lockdown? Don’t you think you should have spent more time developing new things? I answered.
Interviewer: That’s all from our side. Do you have any questions for us? Share your screen. They verified my Class X and Class XII mark sheets.
Best of luck with your results!
P.S: Despite telling that I have a major interest in coding, they did not ask a single question related to coding, also they did not ask me to explain CodeVita questions. The interview went on for 50 mins approximately.
Waiting for the Results!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.