TCS Digital Interview Experience through Codevita Season IX 2020
The pre-qualifier round was on 8th August 2020. There were 6 problems which were to be solved within 6 hours. I was able to solve only 2 problems:
1. Prime Time Again
Here on earth, our 24-hour day is composed of two parts, each of 12hours. Each hour in each part has a corresponding hour in the other part separated by 12 hours: the hour essentially measures the duration since the start of the daypart. For example, 1 hour in the first part of the day is equivalent to 13, which is 1 hour into the second part of the day. Now, consider the equivalent hours that are both prime numbers. We have 3 such instances for a 24-hour 2-part day:
5~17 7~19 11~23
Accept two natural numbers D, P >1 corresponding respectively to the number of hours per day and the number of parts in a day separated by a space. D should be divisible by P, meaning that the number of hours per part (D/P) should be a natural number. Calculate the number of instances of equivalent prime hours. Output zero if there is no such instance.
I used Sieve of Eratosthenes to solve this problem.
2. Minimize The Sum
Given an array of integers, perform atmost K operations so that the sum of elements of the final array is minimum. An operation is defined as follows –
Consider any 1 element from the array, arr[i]. Replace arr[i] by floor(arr[i]/2). Perform next operations on the updated array. The task is to minimize the sum after atmost K operations.
I used Min-Heap to solve this problem.
The result of the pre-qualifier round was out on 2nd September 2020.
I secured the rank of 3376.
On 10th September, I got mail that my interview was scheduled on 15th September.
Interview Round: There were 3 rounds in the interview: Technical, Managerial, and HR Round. All 3 rounds happened one after the other in a single call.
1. Technical Round: I was asked to introduce myself followed by several questions:
- What is your preferred programming language? (Python)
- Why python? Why not C++ or Java?
- Why I solved only 2 questions in codevita and approach for solving them?
- Questions related to string, list, and dictionary.
- SQL query to find the 5th largest salary from the given table.
- Questions related to my projects.
- Questions related to the OOPs concept.
2. Managerial Round: Different scenarios were given and according to the scenario I had to answer the questions.
- What would you do if all clients like your work and want you to complete their project?
- You have a birthday cake and have to cut it into 8 equal pieces by making 3 cuts only. How do you do it?https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-3-cuts-cut-round-cake-8-equal-pieces/
- What would you do if you get a better package in any other company?
- Why computer science?
- What are the qualities of a good leader?
3. HR Round
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your strength and weakness?
- Are you ready to relocate?
- Why TCS?
- Do you have any questions?
On 5th October, I got a mail that I had been short-listed for a Digital offer with TCS.