Developer often wants a user to enter multiple values or inputs in one line. In C++/C user can take multiple inputs in one line using scanf but in Python user can take multiple values or inputs in one line by two methods.
- Using split() method
- Using List comprehension
Using split() method :
This function helps in getting a multiple inputs from user. It breaks the given input by the specified separator. If a separator is not provided then any white space is a separator. Generally, user use a split() method to split a Python string but one can use it in taking multiple input.
Using List comprehension :
List comprehension is an elegant way to define and create list in Python. We can create lists just like mathematical statements in one line only. It is also used in getting multiple inputs from a user.
Note : The above examples take input separated by spaces. In case we wish to take input separated by comma (, ), we can use following:
Please see https://ide.geeksforgeeks.org/BHf0Cxr4mx for a sample run.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python dictionary with keys having multiple inputs
- Python - Distance between collections of inputs
- Find the average of an unknown number of inputs in Python
- How to input multiple values from user in one line in Python?
- Taking input in Python
- Python VLC MediaPlayer – Taking Screenshot
- Taking Screenshots using pyscreenshot in Python
- Taking input from console in Python
- User-defined Exceptions in Python with Examples
- Fetch top 10 starred repositories of user on GitHub | Python
- Python | User groups with Custom permissions in Django
- Python | Get a list as input from user
- Take Matrix input from user in Python
- Python | Fetch your gmail emails from a particular user
- Python User defined functions
- Add a User in Linux using Python Script
- Deleting a User in Linux using Python Script
- Send message to Telegram user using Python
- Python Tweepy - Getting the screen name of a user
- Python - User object in Tweepy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.