Rubrik Interview Experience for SDE Internship | On-Campus
Process: Online Test followed by 3 Rounds of interviews
Online Test: Plaform Hackerrank
4 coding problems in 90 minutes, All the problems were of Medium-hard level.
Only a few students (<10) were shortlisted for interviews.
Platform for interviews- Zoom + Coderpad
Time– 45 minutes
Design an interface of a Text Editor
- The interview is very strictly time-bound.
- You need to come up with a proper data structure and implement each of the functions, with proper reasoning and explanation.
- The interviewer was interactive and helped by providing hints, for the implementation.
- The code is judged for quality, complexity, and principles of object-oriented design.
- If not able to come up with an optimal algorithm to implement a function, go ahead with the less optimal solution first. Implementing something is better than implementing nothing, as the time may run out.
Round 2: Interview
Time: 45 minutes
Given an unsorted array and value ‘d’, find all the APs of length >= 3, whose distance is lesser than or equal to a given value ‘d’.
The list of AP can be in any order, but each individual AP has to be sorted.
[0, 2, 98, 102, 3, 6, 100, 104, 10], d = 4
Ans: [0,3,6](d = 3), [98, 100, 102, 104](d = 2), [2, 6, 10](d = 4)
- The interviewers were not interactive at all, don’t expect them to provide you hints.
- Go ahead with an approach at your own cost, as it may be possible that you explained an approach for 30 minutes, and in the end, it turned out to be wrong. The interviewers are not going to help you in any way possible.
- The interviewers are just to ask questions, as you explain your approach. By their questions, you can take hints and implement them accordingly.
Rubrik wants to hire the best of people, so ensure that you give your best in every aspect in every round of interviews to get selected.
Your speed, accuracy, and confidence are what matters the most.