Given a small integer n, print all the n’th roots of unity up to 6 significant digits. We basically need to find all roots of equation xn – 1.
Input : n = 1 Output : 1.000000 + i 0.000000 x - 1 = 0 , has only one root i.e., 1 Input : 2 Output : 1.000000 + i 0.000000 -1.000000 + i 0.000000 x2 - 1 = 0 has 2 distinct roots, i.e., 1 and -1
Any complex number is said to be root of unity if it gives 1 when raised to some power.
nth root of unity is any complex number such that it gives 1 when raised to the power n.
Mathematically, An nth root of unity, where n is a positive integer (i.e. n = 1, 2, 3, …) is a number z satisfying the equation z^n = 1 or , z^n - 1 = 0
We can use the De Moivre’s formula here ,
( Cos x + i Sin x )^k = Cos kx + i Sin kx Setting x = 2*pi/n, we can obtain all the nth roots of unity, using the fact that Nth roots are set of numbers given by, Cos (2*pi*k/n) + i Sin(2*pi*k/n) Where, 0 <= k < n
Using the above fact we can easily print all the nth roots of unity !
Below is the program for the same.
= 0 ? print(” + i “): print(” – i “);
printf(round(abs($img), 6) . “\n”);
// Driver Code
// This code is contributed by mits
1.000000 + i 0.000000 1.000000 + i 0.000000 -1.000000 + i 0.000000 1.000000 + i 0.000000 -0.500000 + i 0.866025 -0.500000 - i 0.866025
References : Wikipedia
This article is contributed by Ashutosh Kumar .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Program to find the Roots of Quadratic equation
- Bakhshali Approximation for computing square roots
- Seeds (Or Seed Roots) of a number
- Absolute difference between sum and product of roots of a quartic equation
- Find the number of primitive roots modulo prime
- Bitonic point in the given linked list
- Find XOR of numbers from the range [L, R]
- Check whether it is possible to convert A into B
- Find the minimum number of elements that should be removed to make an array good
- Number of elements from the array which are reachable after performing given operations on D
- Print first N Mosaic numbers
- Find the side of the squares which are inclined diagonally and lined in a row
- Count of nodes which are at a distance X from root and leaves
- Find the Nth term divisible by a or b or c