In this article, we are going to learn how we can automate the Notepad application using Uipath Studio. This project is a basic application of Robotic Process Automation (RPA). The user just needs to enter the content he/she wants to write in the notepad and name of the file to be saved in that’s it, rest of the work will be done by the bot that we are going to create using the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Create a new process in UIpath Studio by clicking on the Process Tab.
Step 2: Set the name of the process, give a brief description and click on Create. The Uipath studio will automatically load and add all the dependencies of the project.
The following screen will be opened.
Step 3: Now in the activities panel search for Sequence activity. Drag and drop it in the designer window.
Step 4: Now in the sequence add an Input dialog box using the search activity panel.
Step 5: Now click on the Variables tab to create a variable of string type that will store the content entered by the user to be written in the file. In the properties panel of the Input Dialog activity add the variable in the Output area.
Step 6: Now add another Input dialog box and create another variable of string type. This variable will store the file name with which the file is to be stored and add this variable to the properties panel of the second dialog box in the output area.
Step 7: In the background open Notepad. Search Open Application activity in the activity search panel and add it to the sequence.
Click on the Indicate screen in the open application activity and click on the notepad text area in the background.
Step 8: Search Type Into activity in the activity search panel and drop it in the do segment of open application activity.
- Click on Indicate screen and select the Notepad text area.
- In the property panel of Type Into activity, in the input tab, in the text area enter the variable that stores the content entered by the user.
Step 9: Search Click activity in the activity search panel and drop it in the do segment below Type Into activity. Click on Indicate screen and click on the File option of the notepad application.
Step 10: Search Click activity in the activity search panel and drop it in the do segment below click activity. Click on Indicate Screen. When the notepad screen appears for selection press F2 on the keyboard to capture after a delay. A counter of 3 seconds will be initiated, in the meantime click on the File option in the menu bar of the notepad. After the counter ends, click on Save As option.
Step 11: Search Type Into activity in the activity search panel and drop it in the do segment below click activity.
- In the background, in the Notepad open the Save As dialog box. Click on indicate screen and click on text area where filename is typed.
- In the property panel of Type Into activity, in the input tab, in the text area enter the variable that stores the filename entered by the user.
Step 12: Search Click activity in the activity search panel and drop it in the do segment. Click on Indicate Screen and click on Save option of the Save As dialog box of notepad application.
Step 13: Save the process using the Save button in the design panel and then click on Run. Your bot is ready for automating the Notepad. The below video displays the working of Bot.
- Make Notepad using Tkinter
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Gradle Build Tool I Modern Open Source Build Automation
- Project Idea | Cat vs Dog Image Classifier using CNN implemented using Keras
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis using Python
- Tracking bird migration using Python-3
- OpenCV Python Program to analyze an image using Histogram
- Program to remotely Power On a PC over the internet using the Wake-on-LAN protocol.
- Crop monitoring and smart farming using IoT
- Project Idea | Motion detection using Background Subtraction Techniques
- Project Idea | Personality Analysis using hashtags from tweets
- Google Chrome Dino Bot using Image Recognition | Python
- Project Idea | Airport Security Using Beacon
- Project Idea | Analysis of Emergency 911 calls using Association Rule Mining
- Project Idea | Attendance System Using Smart Card
- Image Classifier using CNN
- Finding cabs nearby using Great Circle Distance formula
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.