ChatBots can be described as an AI software that has the ability to understand and communicate in Human Language through various platforms like web and mobile applications.
Branches of Conversational UI –
Conversational User Interface : It is an interface that allows interaction with users in a more personalized way i.e it mimics human conversation.
Voice User Interface : It is an interface that allows interaction with users through speech or voice-based commands. Amazon Alexa, Echo Dot, Google Home, Google Mini, Siri, Cortana, and the Google Assistant are the examples of VUI devices which take voice /speech as an input and returns in the same manner.
Types Of Chatbot –
Mainly, chatbots are classified into three types: Rule-Based, AI-Based and Hybrid.
- Rule Based Chatbot: It is also known as Decision treebots. It has a set of predefined responses from a database for a particular query based on the keywords uttered in the query. So it can be tedious to extract a very lengthy and informative response from the bot. It is just like a decision tree. It gives a response based on the keywords extracted from the user’s utterance. Most of them don’t use NLP/NLU. The advantage of using this type of is that it is economic.
- AI Based Chatbot: They are built using ML, NLP/NLU. It also provides answers from a given database but the thing that makes it unique is that it becomes more intelligent over time with the help of past interactions with the users.
- Hybrid Chatbot: These are the most common type of chatbot. It is basically a mix of both Rule-based and AI-based chatbots. They interact with humans and provide a personalized reply i.e It can start the conversation with the user but when the conversation gets deeper chatbot can be replaced by a human being.
Intent, Entity, And Utterance –
Intent: An intent represents the purpose of a user’s input. i.e What is the speaker is trying to do?
Entity: An entity represents a term or object that is relevant to your intents and that provides a specific context for intent or it can be referred to like the things that the speaker is referring to.
Utterance: A Utterance is a branching conversation flow that defines responses to the defined intents and entities. In IBM Watson instead of the word Utterance we use the dialog.
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Chatbots in Business?
- 10 Most Interesting Chatbots in the World
- Some Important terms in Ethical Hacking
- Some Useful Tips for Choosing Best VPN and Recommended VPN Services
- 3 Geeky and Laughable Terms of the Internet
- Internetworking Terms and Concepts
- Building a Basic Chrome Extension
- Basic Transformations in OPENGL
- List of basic AutoCAD Terminology
- How to Deploy a Basic Static HTML Website to Heroku?
- A basic Python Programming Challenge
- Best Tips for Beginners To Learn Coding Effectively
- 7 Must-Watch Web Shows for Tech Geeks
- Top 10 Industries using Virtual Reality
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.