Given a string and a substring, write a Python program to find the nth occurrence of the string. Let’s discuss a few methods to solve the given task.
Method #1: Using re
Method #2: Using find() method
Method #3: Using startswith() and list comprehension
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python program to find the occurrence of substring in the string
- Python | Replacing Nth occurrence of multiple characters in a String with the given character
- Python - Extract String after Nth occurrence of K character
- Python | Get the string after occurrence of given substring
- Python | Find last occurrence of substring
- Python program to remove Nth occurrence of the given word
- Python - Maximum Consecutive Substring Occurrence
- Python | Ways to count number of substring in string
- Python program to find occurrence to each character in given string
- Python | Ways to split a string in different ways
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string in Python
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python | First character occurrence from rear String
- Python - Replace duplicate Occurrence in String
- Python | Last occurrence of some element in a list
- Python | Replace multiple occurrence of character by single
- Python | First occurrence of True number
- Python | Count occurrence of all elements of list in a tuple
- Python | Percentage occurrence at index
- Python | Element Occurrence in dictionary of list values
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet