Sometimes, we need to simply divide the string into two equal halves. This type of application can occur in various domain ranging from simple programming to web development. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be performed.
Method #1 : Using list comprehension + String slicing
This is the naive method to perform this particular task. In this we just use brute divisions and slicing to separate first and last part of string.
The original string is : GeeksforGeeks The first part of string : Geeksf The second part of string : rGeeks
Method #2 : Using string slicing
To overcome the shortcomings of above method and find a more elegant solution, we use string slicing to perform this particular task.
The original string is : GeeksforGeeks The first part of string : Geeksf The second part of string : orGeeks
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
- Check if both halves of the string have same set of characters in Python
- Python | Split string into list of characters
- Python - Split Numeric String into K digit integers
- Python | Split a list into sublists of given lengths
- Split a string in equal parts (grouper in Python)
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
- Python | Split dictionary keys and values into separate lists
- Python | Split the Even and Odd elements into two different lists
- Python | Pandas Reverse split strings into two List/Columns using str.rsplit()
- Python | Split tuple into groups of n
- Python | Split nested list into two lists
- Python | Split list of strings into sublists based on length
- Python | Split list into lists by particular value
- Python - Divide String into Equal K chunks
- Split a text column into two columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Split large Pandas Dataframe into list of smaller Dataframes
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Python program to split and join a string
- Python String | split()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.