The problem of splitting a list into sublists is quite generic but to split in sublist of given length is not so common. Given a list of lists and list of length, the task is to split the list into sublists of given length.
Input : Input = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7] length_to_split = [2, 1, 3, 1] Output: [[1, 2], , [4, 5, 6], ]
Method #1: Using
islice to split a list into sublists of given length, is the most elegant way.
Initial list is: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7] Split length list: [2, 1, 3, 1] List after splitting [[1, 2], , [4, 5, 6], ]
Method #2: Using
zip is another way to split a list into sublists of given length.
Initial list is: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10] Split length list: [2, 2, 3, 3] List after splitting [[1, 2], [3, 4], [5, 6, 7], [8, 9, 10]]
- Python | Split list of strings into sublists based on length
- Python | Print all sublists of a list
- Python | Remove repeated sublists from given list
- Python | Count the sublists containing given element in a list
- Python | Count unique sublists within list
- Python | Sort all sublists in given list of strings
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
- Python | Sort list of lists by the size of sublists
- Python - Value list lengths
- Python | Custom list split
- Python | Split list into lists by particular value
- Python | Split nested list into two lists
- Python | Split a list having single integer
- Python | Split list in uneven groups
- Python | Split string into list of characters
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.