Grouper recipe is an extended toolset made using an existing
itertool as building blocks. It collects data into fixed-length chunks or blocks.
Existing Itertools Used:
izip_longest(*iterables[, fillvalue]) : Make an iterator that aggregates elements from each of the iterables. If the iterables are of uneven length, missing values are filled-in with fillvalue. Iteration continues until the longest iterable is exhausted.
- The extended tools offer the same high performance as the underlying toolset.
- The superior memory performance is kept by processing elements one at a time rather than bringing the whole iterable into memory all at once.
- Code volume is kept small by linking the tools together in a functional style which helps eliminate temporary variables.
- High speed is retained by preferring “vectorized” building blocks over the use of for-loops and generators which incur interpreter overhead.
Input : str = ABCDEFG, l = 3 Output : ABC DEF Gxx Explaination: Grouping characters of string in set of 3: ABC DEF Gxx. 'x' is added to the set which doesn't have 3 elements in it. Input : str = GEEKSFORGEEKS, l = 5 Output : GEEKS FORGE EKSxx
Below is the Python3 code :
ABC DEF Gxx
- Python | Split given string into equal halves
- Python String | split()
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Python program to split and join a string
- Python | Split string into list of characters
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python | Split multiple characters from string
- Python | String Split including spaces
- Python | Split string in groups of n consecutive characters
- Python | Split CamelCase string to individual strings
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
- Split array in three equal sum subarrays
- Python | Ways to split a string in different ways
- numpy string operations | split() function
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : adisakshya