Sometimes, we need to simply divide the string into two equal halves. This type of application can occur in various domain ranging from simple programming to web development. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be performed.
Method #1 : Using list comprehension + String slicing
This is the naive method to perform this particular task. In this we just use brute divisions and slicing to separate first and last part of string.
The original string is : GeeksforGeeks The first part of string : Geeksf The second part of string : rGeeks
Method #2 : Using string slicing
To overcome the shortcomings of above method and find a more elegant solution, we use string slicing to perform this particular task.
The original string is : GeeksforGeeks The first part of string : Geeksf The second part of string : orGeeks
- Split a string in equal parts (grouper in Python)
- Check if both halves of the string have same set of characters in Python
- Python String | split()
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Python | Split string into list of characters
- Python | String Split including spaces
- Python program to split and join a string
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python | Split string in groups of n consecutive characters
- Python | Split CamelCase string to individual strings
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
- Python | Ways to split a string in different ways
- numpy string operations | split() function
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
- Python | Split Sublist Strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.