This particular utility is quite in demand nowadays due to the similarity computation requirements in many fields of Computer Science such as Machine Learning, A.I and web development domains, hence techniques to compute similarity between any given containers can be quite useful. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be done.
Method #1 : Using Naive Approach(
sum() + zip())
We can perform this particular task using the naive approach, using sum and zip functions we can formulate a utility function that can compute the similarity of both the strings.
The similarity between 2 strings is : 0.38461538461538464
Method #2 : Using
There’s an inbuilt method, that helps to perform this particular task and is recommended to achieve this particular task as it doesn’t require custom approach but uses built in constructs to perform task more efficiently.
The similarity between 2 strings is : 0.5555555555555556
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Measure similarity between two sentences using cosine similarity
- Python | Word Similarity using spaCy
- Python | Test list element similarity
- Python | Percentage similarity of lists
- Measuring the Document Similarity in Python
- Measure similarity between images using Python-OpenCV
- Python - Alternate elements Similarity
- NLP | WuPalmer - WordNet Similarity
- NLP | Leacock Chordorow (LCH) and Path similarity for Synset
- Movie recommender based on plot summary using TF-IDF Vectorization and Cosine similarity
- sklearn.metrics.max_error() function in Python
- MultiLabel Ranking Metrics - Ranking Loss | ML
- ML | MultiLabel Ranking Metrics - Coverage Error
- Normalized Discounted Cumulative Gain - Multilabel Ranking Metrics | ML
- Multilabel Ranking Metrics-Label Ranking Average Precision | ML
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - How to get the font metrics
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Accessing Font Metrics
- Metrics for Machine learning model
- PyQtGraph – Getting Font Metrics of the Image View
- Python | Remove empty strings from list of strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.