The job is simple. We need to take a list, with duplicate elements in it and generate another list which only contains the element without the duplicates in them.
Input : [2, 4, 10, 20, 5, 2, 20, 4] Output : [2, 4, 10, 20, 5] Input : [28, 42, 28, 16, 90, 42, 42, 28] Output : [28, 42, 16, 90]
We can use not in on list to find out the duplicate items. We create a result list and insert only those that are not already not in.
[2, 4, 10, 20, 5]
- Python | Ways to remove duplicates from list
- Python | Remove duplicates from nested list
- Python | Remove consecutive duplicates from list
- Python | Sort given list by frequency and remove duplicates
- Python | Remove all duplicates and permutations in nested list
- Python | Remove duplicates based on Kth element tuple list
- Remove all duplicates from a given string in Python
- Python | Remove duplicates in Matrix
- Python | Remove all duplicates words from a given sentence
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
- Python | Merging duplicates to list of list
- Python | Program to count duplicates in a list of tuples
- Python | Program to print duplicates from a list of integers
- Python | Consecutive duplicates all elements deletion in list
- Python | Combine two lists by maintaining duplicates in first list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.