Given a string S, remove all the consecutive duplicates.
Input : aaaaabbbbbb Output : ab Input : geeksforgeeks Output : geksforgeks Input : aabccba Output : abcba
How itertools.groupby(iterable,key[optional]) works in Python ?
Group by method takes two input one is iterable (list,tuple,dictionary) and second is key function which calculates keys for each element present in iterable. It returns key and iterable of grouped items. If key function not specified or is None, key defaults to an identity function and returns the element unchanged. For example,
(1, [1, 1, 1]) (3, [3, 3]) (2, [2, 2]) (1, [1, 1])
- Python | Remove consecutive duplicates from list
- Remove three consecutive duplicates from string
- Remove all consecutive duplicates from the string
- Remove all duplicates from a given string in Python
- Python | Remove Duplicates from a List
- Python | Remove all duplicates words from a given sentence
- Python | Remove duplicates from nested list
- Python | Ways to remove duplicates from list
- Python | Remove all duplicates and permutations in nested list
- Python | Sort given list by frequency and remove duplicates
- Python | Pandas dataframe.groupby()
- Remove duplicates from a given string
- Recursively remove all adjacent duplicates
- Remove duplicates from a string in O(1) extra space
- Python | os.remove() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.