Given a decimal number N, the task is to check if a number has consecutive zeroes or not after converting the number to its K-based notation.
Input: N = 4, K = 2
4 in base 2 is 100, As there are consecutive 2 thus the answer is No.
Input: N = 15, K = 8
15 in base 8 is 17, As there are no consecutive 0 so the answer is Yes.
Approach: First convert the number N into base K and then simply check if the number has consecutive zeroes or not.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Given a number N in decimal base, find number of its digits in any base (base b)
- Check if a number is in given base or not
- Check if a number N starts with 1 in b-base
- Check if a given number can be represented in given a no. of digits in any base
- Check if a number is power of k using base changing method
- Check if a number can be expressed as a sum of consecutive numbers
- Check if a number can be written as sum of three consecutive integers
- C++ program to find all numbers less than n, which are palindromic in base 10 and base 2.
- Complement of a number with any base b
- Pandigital number in a given base
- Convert a number into negative base representation
- Number of trailing zeroes in base B representation of N!
- Number System and base conversions | Digital Electronics
- Python | Check if list contains consecutive numbers
- Number expressed as sum of five consecutive integers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.