Given a decimal number N, the task is to check if a number has consecutive zeroes or not after converting the number to its K-based notation.
Input: N = 4, K = 2
4 in base 2 is 100, As there are consecutive 2 thus the answer is No.
Input: N = 15, K = 8
15 in base 8 is 17, As there are no consecutive 0 so the answer is Yes.
Approach: First convert the number N into base K and then simply check if the number has consecutive zeroes or not.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Given a number N in decimal base, find number of its digits in any base (base b)
- Check if a number is in given base or not
- Check if a number N starts with 1 in b-base
- Check if a given number can be represented in given a no. of digits in any base
- Check if the number is even or odd whose digits and base (radix) is given
- Check if a number is power of k using base changing method
- Check if a number can be expressed as a sum of consecutive numbers
- Check if a number can be written as sum of three consecutive integers
- C++ program to find all numbers less than n, which are palindromic in base 10 and base 2.
- Pandigital number in a given base
- Complement of a number with any base b
- Number of trailing zeroes in base B representation of N!
- Convert a number into negative base representation
- Number System and base conversions | Digital Electronics
- Python | Check if list contains consecutive numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.