Sometimes, we can have a problem in which we need to insert a specific character after pair(second) character. This kind of problem can occur while working with data, that require insertion of commas or any other special character mainly in Machine Learning domain. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this problem can be solved.
Method #1 : Using
join() + list comprehension
The combination of above method can be used to perform this particular task. List comprehension along with slicing can be used to convert string to list and join function can be used to rejoin them inserting required character between them.
The original string is : GeeksforGeeks The string after inserting comma after every character pair : Ge, ek, sf, or, Ge, ek, s
Method #2 : Using
zip() + join()
The combination of above functions can be used to perform this particular task. In this, zip function converts the characters to iterable tuples, split function is used to separate odd and even characters. Then list comprehension is responsible to convert the tuples to list of strings and at last result is joined using the join function.
The original string is : GeeksforGeeks The string after inserting comma after every character pair : Ge, ek, sf, or, Ge, ek
- Python | Pair the consecutive character strings in a list
- Python | Character Encoding
- Zip function in Python to change to a new character set
- Python | Deleting all occurrences of character
- Ways to increment a character in Python
- Python | Frequency of each character in String
- Python | Lowercase first character of String
- Python | Removing newline character from string
- Ways to remove i'th character from string in Python
- Python | Remove given character from Strings list
- Python | Prefix extraction before specific character
- Python | Find position of a character in given string
- Python | Remove Kth character from strings list
- Python | Count occurrences of a character in string
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.