Python – Draw Octagonal shape Using Turtle Graphics
In this article, we will learn how to Make an Octagon using Turtle Graphics in Python. For that lets first know what is Turtle Graphics.
- backward(length): moves the pen in the backward direction by x unit.
- right(angle): rotate the pen in the clockwise direction by an angle x.
- left(angle): rotate the pen in the anticlockwise direction by an angle x.
- penup(): stop drawing of the turtle pen.
- pendown(): start drawing of the turtle pen.
- Import the turtle modules.
- Get a screen to draw on
- Define an instance for the turtle.
- For a drawing, an Octagon executes a loop 8 times.
- In every iteration move the turtle 100 units forward and move it left 45 degrees( corresponding to 135 degrees between two sides, so 180-135=45 degrees).
- This will make up an angle of 135 degrees between 2 sides.
- 8 iterations will make up an Octagon perfectly.
Below is the Python implementation of the above approach:
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up