In this article, we will learn how to Make an Octagon using Turtle Graphics in Python. For that lets first know what is Turtle Graphics.
- backward(length): moves the pen in the backward direction by x unit.
- right(angle): rotate the pen in the clockwise direction by an angle x.
- left(angle): rotate the pen in the anticlockwise direction by an angle x.
- penup(): stop drawing of the turtle pen.
- pendown(): start drawing of the turtle pen.
- Import the turtle modules.
- Get a screen to draw on
- Define an instance for the turtle.
- For a drawing, an Octagon executes a loop 8 times.
- In every iteration move the turtle 100 units forward and move it left 45 degrees( corresponding to 135 degrees between two sides, so 180-135=45 degrees).
- This will make up an angle of 135 degrees between 2 sides.
- 8 iterations will make up an Octagon perfectly.
Below is the Python implementation of the above approach:
- Draw Shape inside Shape in Python Using Turtle
- Draw Panda Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Draw Heart Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Draw Spiralling Circles Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Python - Draw "GFG" logo using Turtle Graphics
- Draw Rainbow using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Python - Draw Star Using Turtle Graphics
- Python - Draw Hexagon Using Turtle Graphics
- Draw Colorful Spiral Web Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Draw a rectangular shape and extract objects using Python's OpenCV
- turtle.shape() function in Python
- Python - Write "GFG" using Turtle Graphics
- Draw Circle in Python using Turtle
- Draw Cube and Cuboid in Python using Turtle
- Draw Colored Solid Cube using Turtle in Python
- Draw Ellipse Using Turtle in Python
- Draw Graph Grid Using Turtle in Python
- Draw Dot Patterns Using Turtle in Python
- Draw Chess Board Using Turtle in Python
- Draw Spiraling Star using Turtle in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : anshitaagarwal