Turtle is a Python feature like a drawing board, which lets us command a turtle to draw all over it! We can use functions like
turtle.right(…) which can move the turtle around. Turtle is a beginner-friendly way to learn Python by running some basic commands and viewing the turtle do it graphically. It is like a drawing board that allows you to draw over it. The turtle module can be used in both object-oriented and procedure-oriented ways.
To draw, Python
turtle provides many functions and methods i.e. forward, backward, etc. Some the commonly used methods are:
- forward(x): moves the pen in the forward direction by x unit.
- backward(x): moves the pen in the backward direction by x unit.
- right(x): rotate the pen in the clockwise direction by an angle x.
- left(x): rotate the pen in the anticlockwise direction by an angle x.
- penup(): stop drawing of the turtle pen.
- pendown(): start drawing of the turtle pen.
Now to draw a circle using turtle, we will use a predefined function in “turtle”.
circle(radius): This function draws a circle of the given radius by taking the “turtle” position as the center.
A tangent is a line that touches the circumference of a circle from outside at a point, provided that any extension of the line will not cause intersection with the circle. Now, think about a group of circles, that have a common tangent. The group of circles, having common tangent, are known as tangent circles.
Spiral is a shape similar to a circle, except that the radius of the spiral gradually increases after every completed round.
The term concentric is used for a group of things having common. Now Circles having the same center are termed as Concentric Circle.
- Draw any polygon in Turtle - Python
- Draw Square and Rectangle in Turtle - Python
- Draw Color Filled Shapes in Turtle - Python
- Turtle Programming in Python
- Python - Hilbert Curve using turtle
- Python | Plotting Fibonacci spiral fractal using Turtle
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.arc()
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.line()
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.text()
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.ellipse()
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.pieslice()
- Python PIL |ImageDraw.Draw.multiline_text()
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.chord()
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.rectangle()
- Python PIL | ImageDraw.Draw.multiline_textsize()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.