In this article, we will learn how to make a Star using Turtle Graphics in Python. For that lets first know what is Turtle Graphics.
Turtle is a Python feature like a drawing board, which let us command a turtle to draw all over it! We can use many turtle functions which can move the turtle around. Turtle comes in the turtle library.The turtle module can be used in both object-oriented and procedure-oriented ways.
Some of the commonly used methods are:
- forward(length): moves the pen in the forward direction by x unit.
- backward(length): moves the pen in the backward direction by x unit.
- right(angle): rotate the pen in the clockwise direction by an angle x.
- left(angle): rotate the pen in the anticlockwise direction by an angle x.
- penup(): stop drawing of the turtle pen.
- pendown(): start drawing of the turtle pen.
- First import turtle module in the idle or editor you are using.
- Get a screen board on which turtle will draw.
Screen like this will appear:-
- Define an instance for turtle.
- For a drawing a Star execute a loop 5 times.
- In every iteration move turtle 100 units forward and move it right 144 degrees.
- This will make up an angle 36 degree inside a star.
- 5 iterations will make up a Star perfectly.
Below is the python implementation of above approach.
- Draw Spiraling Star using Turtle in Python
- Draw Colourful Star Pattern in Turtle - Python
- How to draw color filled star in Python-Turtle?
- Python - Draw Hexagon Using Turtle Graphics
- Python - Draw Octagonal shape Using Turtle Graphics
- Python - Draw "GFG" logo using Turtle Graphics
- Draw Panda Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Draw Heart Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Draw Rainbow using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Python - Write "GFG" using Turtle Graphics
- Draw a Tic Tac Toe Board using Python-Turtle
- Draw Cube and Cuboid in Python using Turtle
- Draw Shape inside Shape in Python Using Turtle
- Draw Colored Solid Cube using Turtle in Python
- Draw smiling face emoji using Turtle in Python
- Draw moving object using Turtle in Python
- Draw Clock Design using Turtle in Python
- Draw Concentric Circles with VIBGYOR Using Turtle in Python
- Draw Ellipse Using Turtle in Python
- Draw Graph Grid Using Turtle in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.