Pygame is a cross-platform set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It includes computer graphics and sound libraries designed to be used with the Python programming language. Now, it’s up to the imagination or necessity of developer, what type of game he/she wants to develop using this toolkit.
Command to install pygame :
pip install pygame
There are four basic steps to displaying images on the
pygame window :
- Create a display surface object using
display.set_mode()method of pygame.
- Create a Image surface object i.e.surface object in which image is drawn on it, using
image.load()method of pygame.
- Copy the image surface object to the display surface object using
blit()method of pygame display surface object.
- Show the display surface object on the pygame window using
display.update()method of pygame.
Now, let’s see the code displaying image using
- Python | Display text to PyGame window
- Python - Moving an object in PyGame
- Python | Making an object jump in PyGame
- Python | Drawing different shapes on PyGame window
- Python | Playing audio file in Pygame
- Reading images in Python
- Working with Images in Python
- Apply changes to all the images in given folder - Using Python PIL
- Reading Images With Python - Tkinter
- Extract images from video in Python
- Python | Grayscaling of Images using OpenCV
- Python | Working with PNG Images using Matplotlib
- How to download Google Images using Python
- Python | Uploading images in Django
- Python - Process images of a video using OpenCV
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.