Given four points, check whether they form Pythagorean Quadruple.
It is defined as a tuple of integers a, b, c, d such that . They are basically the solutions of Diophantine Equations. In the geometric interpretation it represents a cuboid with integer side lengths |a|, |b|, |c| and whose space diagonal is |d| .
The cuboids sides shown here are examples of pythagorean quadruples.
It is primitive when their greatest common divisor is 1. Every Pythagorean quadruple is an integer multiple of a primitive quadruple. We can generate the set of primitive pythagorean quadruples for which a is odd can be generated by formula :
a = m2 + n2 – p2 – q2,
b = 2(mq + np),
c = 2(nq – mp),
d = m2 + n2 + p2 + q2
where m, n, p, q are non-negative integers with greatest common divisor 1 such that m + n + p + q are odd. Thus, all primitive Pythagorean quadruples are characterized by Lebesgue’s identity.
(m2 + n2 + p2 + q2)2 = (2mq + 2nq)2 + 2(nq – mp)2 + (m2 + n2 – p2 – q2)m2 + n2 – p2 – q2
- Count number of pairs of lines intersecting at a Point
- Maximum number of region in which N non-parallel lines can divide a plane
- Check whether two points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) lie on same side of a given line or not
- Find the area of quadrilateral when diagonal and the perpendiculars to it from opposite vertices are given
- Find the diagonal of the Cube
- Concentric Hexagonal Numbers
- Game Theory (Normal form game) | Set 2 (Game with Pure Strategy)
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Check whether Quadrilateral is valid or not if angles are given
- Check whether the triangle is valid or not if angles are given
- Perimeter of an Ellipse
- Program to Find the Incenter of a Triangle
- Number of intersections between two ranges
- Line Clipping | Set 2 (Cyrus Beck Algorithm)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m