Given four points, check whether they form Pythagorean Quadruple.
It is defined as a tuple of integers a, b, c, d such that . They are basically the solutions of Diophantine Equations. In the geometric interpretation it represents a cuboid with integer side lengths |a|, |b|, |c| and whose space diagonal is |d| .
The cuboids sides shown here are examples of pythagorean quadruples.
It is primitive when their greatest common divisor is 1. Every Pythagorean quadruple is an integer multiple of a primitive quadruple. We can generate the set of primitive pythagorean quadruples for which a is odd can be generated by formula :
a = m2 + n2 – p2 – q2,
b = 2(mq + np),
c = 2(nq – mp),
d = m2 + n2 + p2 + q2
where m, n, p, q are non-negative integers with greatest common divisor 1 such that m + n + p + q are odd. Thus, all primitive Pythagorean quadruples are characterized by Lebesgue’s identity.
(m2 + n2 + p2 + q2)2 = (2mq + 2nq)2 + 2(nq – mp)2 + (m2 + n2 – p2 – q2)m2 + n2 – p2 – q2
- Number of triangles formed by joining vertices of n-sided polygon with two common sides and no common sides
- Number of triangles formed by joining vertices of n-sided polygon with one side common
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Area of a Regular Pentagram
- Angle subtended by the chord when the angle subtended by another chord of same length is given
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Length of the perpendicular bisector of the line joining the centers of two circles
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Find the original coordinates whose Manhattan distances are given
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Distance between centers of two intersecting circles if the radii and common chord length is given
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Angle between a chord and a tangent when angle in the alternate segment is given
- Radii of the three tangent circles of equal radius which are inscribed within a circle of given radius
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m