Given a positive integer N, check if it is Pythagorean prime or not. If it is a Pythagorean prime, print ‘Yes’ otherwise print ‘No’.
Pythagorean primes : A prime number of the form 4*n + 1 is a Pythagorean prime. It can also be expressed as sum of two squares.
Pythagorean primes in the range 1 – 100 are:
5, 13, 17, 29, 37, 41, 53, 61, 73, 89, 97
Input : N = 5 Output : Yes Explanation : 5 is a prime number and can be expressed in the form ( 4*n + 1 ) as ( 4*1 + 1 ). Input : N = 13 Output : Yes Explanation: 13 is a prime number and can be expressed in the form ( 4*n + 1 ) as ( 4*3 + 1 ).
A Simple Solution is to check first if the given number is prime or not and can be written in the form of 4*n + 1 or not. If yes, Then the number is Pythagorean prime, otherwise not.
Below is the implementation of the above approach
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Check whether the sum of prime elements of the array is prime or not
- Check if a prime number can be expressed as sum of two Prime Numbers
- Check if a number is Prime, Semi-Prime or Composite for very large numbers
- Check whether a number is circular prime or not
- C Program to Check Whether a Number is Prime or not
- Python program to check whether a number is Prime or not
- Check if a number is Quartan Prime or not
- Check whether the given number is Wagstaff prime or not
- Check if a number is Primorial Prime or not
- Check whether N is a Dihedral Prime Number or not
- Check if all Prime factors of number N are unique or not
- Check if N is a Balanced Prime number or not
- Check whether a number is Good prime or not
- Check if N is a Weak Prime number or not
- Quick ways to check for Prime and find next Prime in Java
- Check whether the sum of absolute difference of adjacent digits is Prime or not
- Check n^2 - m^2 is prime or not
- Check whether the given numbers are Cousin prime or not
- Check whether count of distinct characters in a string is Prime or not
- Check whether the frequencies of all the characters in a string are prime or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.