Project Title : NextVAC platform
- Soumyajit Dutta, LPU, Punjab, Backend Developer of NextVAC
- Biswarup Banerjee, LPU, Punjab, Frontend Developer, NextVAC
Introduction and application: NextVAC is an edtech platform where one of the most innovative feature is the automated code evaluation tool.
A recent study has showed up that 95% of computer science engineering graduates are unable to code simple programs. Also several other contemporary news reports have shown that India lacks skilled computer science graduates. The prime reason behind such situations in India is that the way coding is taught in school is not hands on. It is more about teacher teaching theories and students studying just to pass the examinations.
But what if universities had tools that could bring in a new way of teaching that is hands on, tools that could bring in a new way to code and can give real time performance report on the teacher’s end.
There are other online platforms like Hackerrank, Hackerearth and Codechef, but they target a global audience of developers and programmers.
None of them are exclusively for universities and none of them have a classroom-centric model.
Thus NextVAC provides universities and colleges a platform where students can code and compete with their peers under their teacher’s guidance. It has automated code evaluation judge to check the codes written and several other features to keep the students engrossed in their programming skill development.
My friend and I have been working on the NextVAC platform for the past 5 months. It started as a small hackathon project but slowly we scaled it up as a developed platform where hundreds of students can code.
1. HTML, CSS and JS
3. Bootstrap Framework
4. Fusion charts
5. Other JS based libraries like screenfull js, list.js etc,
3. Shell Scripting
Hosting platform: AWS
Details of the NextVAC platform:
We have compiled all the details of the project in the following two videos.
- The video at: https://youtu.be/UD86CB7F6G0 explains our value proposition.
- The video at: https://youtu.be/E3UnP_r9nDc gives a quick demo of the product that we have built.
We are very excited about our project and we are very eager to launch and deploy it in full scale
- Project Idea | Aadhaar Thumb: A Platform to All Services
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (A Game of Anagrams )
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Static Code Checker for C++)
- Project Idea | (CSE Webnode)
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Online Course Registration)
- Project Idea | (Trip Planner)
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Detection of Malicious Network activity)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | ( Client Master)
- Project Idea | (Universal Database Viewer)
- Project Idea| (Magical Hangouts: An Android Messaging App)