Given two integers N and M, the task is to print an N x M matrix such that each row and column contain all the vowels in it. If it is impossible to do so, then print -1.
Input: N = 5, M = 5
a e i o u
e i o u a
i o u a e
o u a e i
u a e i o
Input: N = 6, M = 2
Approach: Since the number of vowels are 5, hence we need a minimum of 5 rows and 5 columns in order to generate a valid matrix. A pattern can be followed by filling “aeiouaeiou..” in the first row, “eiouaeio..” in the second row and so on and the generated matrix will contain all the vowels in every row and column.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
a e i o u e i o u a i o u a e o u a e i u a e i o
- Print matrix in zig-zag fashion from the last column
- Print matrix in snake pattern from the last column
- Print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- heapq in Python to print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- Find trace of matrix formed by adding Row-major and Column-major order of same matrix
- Print reverse string after removing vowels
- Print number of words, vowels and frequency of each character
- Sum of middle row and column in Matrix
- Find column with maximum sum in a Matrix
- Check if sums of i-th row and i-th column are same in matrix
- Minimum element of each row and each column in a matrix
- Program to find the Sum of each Row and each Column of a Matrix
- Check if the given matrix is increasing row and column wise
- Replace every matrix element with maximum of GCD of row or column
- Find maximum element of each column in a matrix
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.