Prerequisites – PL/SQL Introduction, PL/SQL | User Input
Write a PL/SQL code that will accept an account number from user. Check if user balance is less than minimum balance than only deduct Rs 100 from balance. The process is fired on the acct_mstr.
Example – Consider the following scenario,
acct_master (acct_no number(5) primary key, acct_name varchar2(10), balance number(10));
First, you need to create table acct_master,
# CREATING table acct_master create table acct_master(acct_no number(5) primary key, acct_name varchar2(10), balance number(10));
Insert these data into the table,
# INSERTING data in acct_mstr insert into acct_master values(1, 'aaa', 1000) insert into acct_master values(2, 'bbb', 100) insert into acct_master values(3, 'ccc', 1100) insert into acct_master values(4, 'ddd', 700) insert into acct_master values(5, 'eee', 1700)
Approach used –
- Step-1: Declare variables and set minimum balance in one of variable.
- Step-2: Take account number input from user.
- Step-3: Select the balance of that user into one variable.
- Step-4: Check if balance is less than minimum balance or not.
- Step-5: If balance is less, then update the balance in table with balance = balance -100, and display the balance after deducting 100 from that variable in which balance was stored. Then, display the output.
- Step-6: Else simply print the value.
Note that all text in green colour are comments.
Below is the required implementation:
Enter value for xacct_no: 2 old 6: xacct_no:=&xacct_no; new 6: xacct_no:=2; Rs 100 is deducted and current balance is 0 PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. SQL> / Enter value for xacct_no: 3 old 6: xacct_no:=&xacct_no; new 6: xacct_no:=3; Current balance is 1100 PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
- Comparisons between SQL vs PLSQL
- SQL | TRANSACTIONS
- Oracle Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- SELECT INTO statement in SQL
- SAP Labs FTE 2019(On-Campus)
- Morgan Stanley Interview FTE 2019 (On-Campus)
- PHP | Imagick floodFillPaintImage() Function
- HTML | <audio> preload Attribute
- Pivot and Unpivot in SQL
- How to configure XAMPP to send mail from localhost using PHP ?
- Common error in Group By
- Categories of SQL Functions
- Query to find 2nd largest value in a column in Table
- Maximize the happiness of the groups on the Trip
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.