Philips visited our campus for recruiting for FT roles for Software Developer profile.
Resumes were shortlisted and only candidates with CGPA over 7 were allowed to sit for the online coding test.
A total of 56 students were eligible to take the test.
Round 1: Coding & Aptitude Test
It was an online test on Mettl test platform. It had two sections :
- Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
The aptitude section had the regular usual questions but had to be done quickly as there was only 10 minutes for 10 questions.
The coding section was different for all students.
The questions I got were :
- A modified version of https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-for-balanced-parentheses-in-an-expression/ . We were given a string with other alphanumeric characters as well as brackets and braces.
- Write a program to print the nth Fibonacci number.
Almost all students got similar type of questions. 22 students were shortlisted for the interview rounds. The cutoff was 2 questions in coding section and 3/4 questions in the Aptitude section.
Round 2: Technical Interview
After the PPT, the interview rounds took place. It was a face to face technical interview. The panel was very friendly and the following questions were asked:
- Resume based
- Project based
- Few questions on interest and related topics
- Coding questions
- Detect a loop in a singly linked list? https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/detect-loop-in-a-linked-list/
- Insert at the second last position of a singly linked list in only one loop. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-second-last-node-of-a-linked-list-in-single-traversal/
- How would you see if a file is present in a directory whose path is given as input. Check if the file exists in the child directories as well.
- OOPS concepts (4 pillars of OOPS, Interface vs Abstract class)
Around 7 students were eliminated and the rest proceeded for the subsequent rounds.
Round 3: Manager Round
Prepare yourselves for questions like:
- Why Philips?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- The best project/internship you have done.
- Situation based questions to test your team working and work ethic side.
- Number of times the hands of the clock cross each other
1-2 more candidates were eliminated in this process.
Round 4: HR Round
This was similar to the previous round but the questions were more focused on the candidate and not the company.
- Where do you see yourselves in the next 5-10 years?
- What would you do if you don’t get this job?
- What are your views on Bangalore?
- Family background and some other similar questions.
3-4 more students were eliminated in this round.
Final result : SELECTED !
I would like to thank GeeksForGeeks for their amazing resources and guidance throughout my preparation. Trust me when I say this, most companies aren’t looking for coding maniacs, they’re looking for good overall genuine software engineers. Prepare well and best of luck !
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!