We were shortlisted because our team won the Smart India Hackathon 2020. So we were not required to give any Aptitude test, we were directly eligible for Advanced Coding Round.
ROUND 1 (Advanced Coding Round): Due to the pandemic, this round took place on AMCAT. There were 2 questions, were to solve at least one in 60 minutes questions were :
- The maximum area of the island: https://leetcode.com/problems/max-area-of-island/
And Another one was similar to the first one (exactly the same with respect to solution logic) but a different statement. I was able to clear round 1 and was selected for the Technical Interview round.
ROUND 2 (Technical Interview Round): The interview was completely core subjects based. The questions were:
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about your most recent project?
- Which programming language do you prefer the most? (C++)
- What is a Pointer?
- What is the difference between Reference and pointer?
- What is the virtual keyword in C++?
- What are a virtual pointer and a virtual table?
- Are virtual pointer and virtual table maintained for each class or for each object?
- Do you know about the data structure?
- What are the types of data structures?
- What is the type of graph and tree data structure?
- What are the operations performed by stack? (I told him about Push POP and Empty, he wanted to peek)
- How can we implement stack using queues? Explain.
- Then he moved on to the DBMS, started with the question: what is an ACID property in DBMS. Explain.
- What is the difference between Delete, truncate, and Drop?
- Now he asked me if I am comfortable with Computer Networks, I said yes. He asked me to explain the TCP/IP Layer Organisation. I said I know only about ISO/OSI model, so he said okay explain that.
- Explain the function of each ISO OSI model layer.
- What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS and what are the port number they work on?
- He then moved on to OS and asked me to explain the Bankers Algorithm. And what kind of technique is it (why is it used)?
- What is the concept of Virtual Memory and what it means?
- Explain what is the difference between logical address and physical address.
- What is a kernel?
I was able to answer almost of all the above questions. The next round was the HR Interview round.
HR Round: The HR round was just like some other HR round, so went well.
Result: Not declared yet.
Advice: Practice DFS and BFS questions for Advanced Coding Round and study all the core subjects for the Interview. Best Of Luck!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.