Persistent Systems Interview Experience | Campus Accelerator Hiring Model FY 20-21
We were shortlisted because our team won the Smart India Hackathon 2020. So we were not required to give any Aptitude test, we were directly eligible for Advanced Coding Round.
ROUND 1 (Advanced Coding Round): Due to the pandemic, this round took place on AMCAT. There were 2 questions, were to solve at least one in 60 minutes questions were :
- The maximum area of the island: https://leetcode.com/problems/max-area-of-island/
And Another one was similar to the first one (exactly the same with respect to solution logic) but a different statement. I was able to clear round 1 and was selected for the Technical Interview round.
ROUND 2 (Technical Interview Round): The interview was completely core subjects based. The questions were:
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about your most recent project?
- Which programming language do you prefer the most? (C++)
- What is a Pointer?
- What is the difference between Reference and pointer?
- What is the virtual keyword in C++?
- What are a virtual pointer and a virtual table?
- Are virtual pointer and virtual table maintained for each class or for each object?
- Do you know about the data structure?
- What are the types of data structures?
- What is the type of graph and tree data structure?
- What are the operations performed by stack? (I told him about Push POP and Empty, he wanted to peek)
- How can we implement stack using queues? Explain.
- Then he moved on to the DBMS, started with the question: what is an ACID property in DBMS. Explain.
- What is the difference between Delete, truncate, and Drop?
- Now he asked me if I am comfortable with Computer Networks, I said yes. He asked me to explain the TCP/IP Layer Organisation. I said I know only about ISO/OSI model, so he said okay explain that.
- Explain the function of each ISO OSI model layer.
- What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS and what are the port number they work on?
- He then moved on to OS and asked me to explain the Bankers Algorithm. And what kind of technique is it (why is it used)?
- What is the concept of Virtual Memory and what it means?
- Explain what is the difference between logical address and physical address.
- What is a kernel?
I was able to answer almost of all the above questions. The next round was the HR Interview round.
HR Round: The HR round was just like some other HR round, so went well.
Advice: Practice DFS and BFS questions for Advanced Coding Round and study all the core subjects for the Interview. Best Of Luck!