A number is a perfect number if is equal to sum of its proper divisors, that is, sum of its positive divisors excluding the number itself. Write a function to check if a given number is perfect or not.
Input: n = 15 Output: false Divisors of 15 are 1, 3 and 5. Sum of divisors is 9 which is not equal to 15. Input: n = 6 Output: true Divisors of 6 are 1, 2 and 3. Sum of divisors is 6.
A Simple Solution is to go through every number from 1 to n-1 and check if it is a divisor. Maintain sum of all divisors. If sum becomes equal to n, then return true, else return false.
An Efficient Solution is to go through numbers till square root of n. If a number ‘i’ divides n, then add both ‘i’ and n/i to sum.
Below is the implementation of efficient solution.
Below are all perfect numbers til 10000 6 is a perfect number 28 is a perfect number 496 is a perfect number 8128 is a perfect number
Time Complexity: √n
Below are some interesting facts about Perfect Numbers:
1) Every even perfect number is of the form 2p?1(2p ? 1) where 2p ? 1 is prime.
2) It is unknown whether there are any odd perfect numbers.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Write a program to reverse digits of a number
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Minimum number of jumps to reach end
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not
- Print all combinations of points that can compose a given number
- Check if a number is multiple of 5 without using / and % operators
- Given a number, find the next smallest palindrome
- Count the number of possible triangles
- Select a random number from stream, with O(1) space
- Program to convert a given number to words
- Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Check if a number is Palindrome
- Random number generator in arbitrary probability distribution fashion