This was my experience in the hiring drive in Gurgaon in January 2018. Around 20-30 people showed up.
Round 1: Written Round
A paper was given on which the code had to be submitted for the give questions. No time constraint.
Round 2: DSA & Design Interview
Resume based questions on previous company, little bit about projects
Q1 – Design Twitter. 4 services : follow, unfollow, post a tweet, get feed. All services need to be scalable for a large userbase with low latency and handle high concurrency.
Q2 – You are at ground level. You can take 1 step or 2 steps. Find the minimum number of steps required to reach level N.
Q3 – Given a infinite 2-D matrix, find the minimum number of moves it will take to move from (x1.y1) to (x2, y2) if you are allowed to move in all 8 directions.
Round 3: DSA Round
Discussion on solutions given in 1st round. Optimisations if possible.
Projects related questions – most challenging product, why a particular technique used etc..
Q1 – Duplicate a Stack without using extra space.
Q2 – Given a string containing open & closed parenthesis, find the minimum number of swaps required to make it a valid parenthesis string. If not possible, return -1.
Round 4: DSA Round
Why job change etc..?
Q1 – There are 3 buckets with any number of balls in each of them. You can double the number of balls in a particular bucket by pulling the required number of balls from another bucket. Using only this operation, tell whether for a given starting configuration if it is possible to equalise the number of balls in all the three baskets.
Q3 – Theoretical: What is deadlock, give example? What is multi-threading?
Q4 – Given 4 tables – Movies, Cities, Venues, Box Office. Write a SQL query to fetch all the venues of a particular movies in a particular city ( PS – it was ‘Padmavaat’ !! )
Round 5: DSA /Design/ Managerial Round
Previous job experiences related..
Why Oyo? Any new ideas?
Changes in any technology that you use?
Q1 – An array of integers contains positive numbers which point it to the next index. For eg A : 2 3 4 2. Each number at index represents a link to the index it points to. Find if a loop exists in such a representation
Q2 – What all parameters will decide the number of elevators in a building.
Q3 – Design an elevator system for a building.
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience for Software Engineer
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience(On Campus for Software Engineer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience for software engineer (On-campus)
- Oyo Rooms Interview experience | Set 22(On Campus for Software engineer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience (On-campus) for software engineer
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 9 (Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Senior Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus for Software Developer)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 10 (SDE-1)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 9
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | SDE-1