NCR Corporation Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus)
Round 1 (Online Coding):
- 30 MCQ’s based on OS, DBMS, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Two Coding questions based on number theory and strings.
25 students were shortlisted after this round.
Round 2 (Technical Interview):
- Introduce yourself
- Why is Java called platform independent language?
- What is an abstraction and how it is implemented?
- Coding question: Find the repeating and the missing.
- Difference between lists and sets.
- I have displayed a code which had an inheritance, static methods, and function overloading, and was asked to determine if it had an error or not.
- Coding question: Remove an element from a sorted array such that the sum of absolute differences between the consecutive elements is minimum.
- Difference between primary constraints and unique constraints in SQL.
11 students were shortlisted for the next round
Round 3 (Technical Interview):
- Tell me about your hobbies and your college
- Advantages and disadvantages of inheritance.
- Given some statements that displayed different kinds of relationships between objects, I was asked to design the classes.
- Favourite data structure?
- Coding Question: A torch is placed at different locations around a binary tree, print the respective output for each case.
- Which data structure is best for search operation and which data structure is best for delete operation.
- Advantage of linked list over arrays.
- Advantage of trees over linked list and arrays.
5 students were shortlisted after this round
Round 4 (HR):
- Tell me about yourself.
- 2 puzzles
- What challenges did you face in your life and how did you overcome them?
- When have you tried to adapt to a new situation?
- Are you a smart worker or a hard worker?
- Why are friends necessary?
4 students were selected for the job and by God’s grace, I was one of them.