Levels of Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
Capability Maturity Model (CMM) is a methodology used to develop, refine maturity of an organizations software development process. It is developed by SIE in mid 1980. It is a process improvement approach.
To assess an organization against a scale of 5 process maturity levels. It Deals with the what processes should be implemented & not so much with the how processes should be implemented. Each maturity level comprises a predefined set of process areas called KDA (Key Process Area), these KDA – Goals, Commitment, Ability, measurement, verification.
Levels of Capability Maturity Model (CMM) are as following below.
1. Level One : Initial – Work is performed informally.
A software development organization at this level is characterized by AD HOC activities (organization is not planned in advance.).
2. Level Two : Repeatable – Work is planned and tracked.
This level of software development organization has a basic and consistent project management processes to TRACK COST, SCHEDULE, AND FUNCTIONALITY. The process is in place to repeat the earlier successes on projects with similar applications.
3. Level Three : Defined – Work is well defined.
At this level the software process for both management and engineering activities are DEFINED AND DOCUMENTED.
4. Level Four : Managed – Work is quantitatively controlled.
- Software Quality management – Management can effectively control the software development effort using precise measurements. At this level, organization set a quantitative quality goal for both software process and software maintenance.
- Quantitative Process Management – At this maturity level, The performance of processes is controlled using statistical and other quantitative techniques, and is quantitatively predictable.
5. Level Five : Optimizing – Work is Based Upon Continuous Improvement.
The key characteristic of this level is focusing on CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVING PROCESS performance.
Key features are:
- Process change management
- Technology change management
- Defect prevention
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks