Prerequisite – Verification and Validation
Verification is the process of checking that a software achieves its goal without any bugs. It is the process to ensure whether the product that is developed is right or not. It verifies whether the developed product fulfills the requirements that we have. Verification is static testing.
Verification means Are we building the product right?
Validation is the process of checking whether the software product is up to the mark or in other words product has high level requirements. It is the process of checking the validation of product i.e. it checks what we are developing is the right product. it is validation of actual and expected product. Validation is the dynamic testing.
Validation means Are we building the right product?
The difference between Verification and Validation is as follow:
|It includes checking documents, design, codes and programs.||It includes testing and validating the actual product.|
|Verification is the static testing.||Validation is the dynamic testing.|
|It does not include the execution of the code.||It includes the execution of the code.|
|Methods used in verification are reviews, walkthroughs, inspections and desk-checking.||Methods used in validation are Black Box Testing, White Box Testing and non-functional testing.|
|It checks whether the software conforms to specifications or not.||It checks whether the software meets the requirements and expectations of a customer or not.|
|It can find the bugs in the early stage of the development.||It can only find the bugs that could not be found by the verification process.|
|The goal of verification is application and software architecture and specification.||The goal of validation is an actual product.|
|Quality assurance team does verification.||Validation is executed on software code with the help of testing team.|
|It comes before validation.||It comes after verification.|
|It consists of checking of documents/files and is performed by human.||It consists of execution of program and is performed by computer.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Verification and Validation
- Software Engineering | Requirements Validation Techniques
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Coupling and Cohesion
- Software Engineering | Differences between Manual and Automation Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between defect, bug and failure
- Differences between Interface and Integration Testing
- Differences between Functional and Non-functional Testing
- Differences between Testing and Debugging
- Differences between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Differences between White Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Differences between ERP and SAP
- Differences between ERP and CRM
- Differences between Black Box Testing vs White Box Testing
- Difference between SFA and CRM
- Difference between IAAS, PAAS and SAAS
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Agile model and other models
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Waterfall Model and Spiral Model
- Difference between Waterfall model and Incremental model
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378