Given three integers A, B and C, the task is to find the length of a race track if 3 racers are competing in a race where the first racer beats the second racer by A metres, the first racer beats the third racer by B metres and the second racer beats the third by C metres.
Input: A = 11, B = 90, C = 80
Input: A = 10, B = 20, C = 12
Let X be the length of the race track.
Case 1: By the time when the First racer finished the race, distances covered by all the 3 racers are:
First = X, Second = X – A, Third = X – B
Let the time taken by the First racer to finish the race be T1.
Case 2: By the time when the Second racer finished the race, distances covered by the remaining 2 racers are:
Second = X, Third = X – C
Let the time taken by the Second racer to finish the race be T2.
The ratio of the speeds of the Second and the Third racer will be constant in both case 1 and case 2 which implies:
=> ((X – A) / T1) / ((X – B) / T1) = (X / T2) / ((X – C) / T2)
=> (X – A) / (X – B) = (X) / (X – C)
=> X2 – A*X – C*X + A*C = X2 – B*X
=> A*C = (C + A – B)*X
=> X = A*C / (C + A – B)
Below is the implementation of the above program:
Note: This is an interview question asked at POSTMAN (SDE Internship)
- Minimum Manhattan distance covered by visiting every coordinates from a source to a final vertex
- Unreachable statement using final and non-final variable in Java
- Python | Split list of strings into sublists based on length
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Distance between centers of two intersecting circles if the radii and common chord length is given
- Aptitude | Race | Question 4
- Aptitude | Race | Question 5
- Aptitude | Race | Question 2
- Program to find the head start in a race
- Puzzle | Who wins the race on a square field ABCD of 40 acres
- Count paths with distance equal to Manhattan distance
- Find the final X and Y when they are Altering under given condition
- Final cell position in the matrix
- Final state of the string after modification
- Minimum possible final health of the last monster in a game
- Find the final radiations of each Radiated Stations
- Possible permutations at a railway track
- Find the final co-ordinates reached by following a sequence of directions
- Find the final number obtained after performing the given operation
- Find the final sequence of the array after performing given operations
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : divyeshrabadiya07