Given the head start that A gives to B and C in a 100-meters race. The task is to find the head-start that B can give to C in the same race.
Input: B = 10 meters, C = 28 meters Output: 20 meters B can give C a start of 20 meters. Input: B = 20 meters, C = 50 meters Output: 62 meters B can give C a start of 62 meters.
Total meters in a race = 100 meters.
A is ahead of B by 10 meters. When A completed it’s 100 meters B completed it’s 90 meters.
Similarly, A is ahead of C by 28 meters. When A completed it’s 100 meters C completed it’s 72 meters.
Now, When B completed it’s 90 meters C completed it’s 72 meters.
So when B completed it’s 100 meters C completed it’s 80 meters.
–> (( C * 100) / B)
–> (( 72 * 100) / 90) i.e 80 meters
So B can give C a start of 20 meters
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Number of sequences which has HEAD at alternate positions to the right of the first HEAD
- Aptitude | Race | Question 2
- Aptitude | Race | Question 4
- Aptitude | Race | Question 5
- Length of race track based on the final distance between participants
- Count Number of animals in a zoo from given number of head and legs
- Find start and ending index of an element in an unsorted array
- Sub-strings that start and end with one character and have at least one other
- Number of substrings that start with "geeks" and end with "for"
- Add elements in start to sort the array | Variation of Stalin Sort
- Count of subarrays which start and end with the same element
- Slow Start Backoff Algorithm for Ad-Hoc
- Maximize sum by selecting M elements from the start or end of rows of a Matrix
- Program to find parity
- Program to find amount of water in a given glass
- Program to find last digit of n'th Fibonnaci Number
- C++ program to find all numbers less than n, which are palindromic in base 10 and base 2.
- Program to find Normal and Trace of a matrix
- C program to find Decagonal Number
- Program to find Cullen Number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : chitranayal