Computer System is divided into two functional entities. Hardware and Software are two functional entities of computer system. Operating system is the link between hardware and software. There are a certain layers in computer system through which a process goes to perform a task. Here we will discuss about each layer.
Following are the different layers of abstraction in computer system:
- Problem Statement –
Problem Statement is stated using natural language. It may be ambiguous or imprecise. It is basically the user’s requirement from the system.
- Algorithm –
Algorithm is the step by step procedure to perform a specific task. It is guaranteed to finish. It has definiteness, effective computability and finiteness.
- Program –
Program expresses the algorithm using a computer language such as high level language and low level language. User writes the code for their problem statement.
- Instruction Set Architecture –
Instruction set architecture specifies the set of instructions the computer can perform using data types and addressing modes.
- Micro-architecture –
Micro-architecture is the detailed organization of a processor implementation.
- Logic Circuits –
Logic circuits combine basic operations to realize micro-architecture.
- Device –
Device has the properties of materials and manufacturability.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Cache Memory in Computer Organization
- Computer Arithmetic | Set - 1
- Computer Arithmetic | Set - 2
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 1 (Execution, Stages and Throughput)
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 3 (Types and Stalling)
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 2 (Dependencies and Data Hazard)
- Computer Organization | Amdahl's law and its proof
- Computer Organization | Hardwired v/s Micro-programmed Control Unit
- Computer Architecture | Flynn's taxonomy
- Clusters In Computer Organisation
- Generations of Computer
- Simplified Instructional Computer (SIC)
- Computer Organization | Micro-Operation
- Computer Organization | Different Instruction Cycles
- Computer Organization | Booth's Algorithm
- Computer Organization | Basic Computer Instructions
- Computer Organization | Instruction Formats (Zero, One, Two and Three Address Instruction)
- Computer Organization | Problem Solving on Instruction Format
- Computer Organization | Von Neumann architecture
- Computer Organization | Asynchronous input output synchronization
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.