Kivy – Python Framework for Mobile App development
Kivy is a free and open-source Python library used for developing mobile applications and other multitouch application software with a Natural User Interface.
We can download the latest version of Kivy from here. After opening the link you can choose your Platform and follow the instructions specific for your platform.
Installation using PyCharm
- We will open PyCharm and Create a New Project and Name it as “Tutorial”(Project Name), we can Name as we want.
- We will Right click on “Tutorial”(Project Name) and create a new Directory Named as FirstApp.
- Inside this FirstApp We will create a Python file named as Main.
- Goto File->Settings->Project:Tutorial(Project Name).
- Under Project: Tutorial(Project Name), Click on Project Interpreter.
- Then Click on ‘+’ Sign on top right and Search for Kivy you will see the following Screen:
To install Kivy follow:
Installing Kivy Dependencies
Similarly Click on the following dependencies to install them :
Example 1 : Printing Welcome Message on Kivy App
Example 2 : Creating Login Screen