Kivy is a free and open-source Python library used for developing mobile applications and other multitouch application software with a Natural User Interface.
We can download the latest version of Kivy from here. After opening the link you can choose your Platform and follow the instructions specific for your platform.
Installation using PyCharm
- We will open PyCharm and Create a New Project and Name it as “Tutorial”(Project Name), we can Name as we want.
- We will Right click on “Tutorial”(Project Name) and create a new Directory Named as FirstApp.
- Inside this FirstApp We will create a Python file named as Main.
- Goto File->Settings->Project:Tutorial(Project Name).
- Under Project: Tutorial(Project Name), Click on Project Interpreter.
- Then Click on ‘+’ Sign on top right and Search for Kivy you will see the following Screen:
To install Kivy follow:
Installing Kivy Dependencies
Similarly Click on the following dependencies to install them :
Example 1 : Printing Welcome Message on Kivy App
Example 2 : Creating Login Screen
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Introduction to Kivy ; A Cross-platform Python Framework
- Python | Creating a Simple Drawing App in kivy
- Python | Sessions framework using django
- Introduction to Sanic Web Framework - Python
- Send SMS updates to mobile phone using python
- Send Text messages to any mobile number using Fast2SMS API in Python
- Implement Token Authentication using Django REST Framework
- Django REST Framework Installation
- How to Create a basic API using Django Rest Framework ?
- Boolean Fields in Serializers - Django REST Framework
- String Fields in Serializers - Django REST Framework
- Core arguments in serializer fields - Django REST Framework
- Creating and Using Serializers - Django REST Framework
- URL fields in serializers - Django REST Framework
- File upload Fields in Serializers - Django REST Framework
- ListField in serializers - Django REST Framework
- IPAddressField in serializers - Django REST Framework
- Numeric fields in serializers - Django REST Framework
- Date and time fields in serializers - Django REST Framework
- Choice Selection Fields in serializers - Django REST Framework
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.