Heroku: It is a cloud based application deployment and management service.
Heroku works on the container based design system and these smart containers are known as dynos.
It runs application inside various dynos and each dyno is separated from each other.
Installation of Heroku on Windows machine:
Step 1: Download Windows installer
Download the appropriate installer for your Windows installation from here according to the system configuration
- Step 2: Running the installer to the system
Now, click on the installer file and it will ask for choosing components from the following options as given below.
Heroku cli Adding heroku to system path Adding local data
Make sure that you check all of them. Now click the “Next” button.
Step 3: Setting the destination folder
Default path will be the path of the C drive of system. The default path for installation can be changed using the “Browse” button.
Step 4: Installation:
After clicking “Install”, it will start to install Heroku CLI into the destination folder as shown in the below screenshot:
After a couple of seconds Heroku CLI will be installed to the system completely.
Heroku CLI has been successfully installed on your system. To verify,Run the following command in the Command Prompt or Terminal.
For checking the version of Heroku, Run the following command in the terminal:
So, the Heroku CLI has been installed properly of your system.
Step 5 : Signing up for the Heroku services:
Create an account for Heroku services here
After successfully creating an account for Heroku services we will log in through Heroku CLI.
Login via terminal into Heroku CLI
For login through Heroku CLI Run the following command in terminal:
Now, The terminal will ask to press “any key” for redirecting the process to the browser or “Q” to quit the login process.
After pressing any key it will redirect you to the browser as shown in the below screenshot
On Successfully logging into the account, the following message will be displayed on the browser screen:
Another method for logging is through the command prompt:
For doing it run the following command in the terminal
heroku login -i
On Successful Login, you can now use the Heroku CLI into your system.
The Heroku CLI is successfully installed and initialized into your system.
- Installation of Node.js on Windows
- Introduction and Installation of Git
- Django Introduction and Installation
- Beginning BootStrap (Part-1) | Introduction and Installation
- An introduction to Machine Learning
- Introduction To Machine Learning using Python
- How to upload Laravel App to Heroku Cloud Application Platform
- Angular 7 | Installation
- Laravel | Installation and Configuration
- LAMP installation and important PHP configurations on Ubuntu
- Windows 10 –Feel the Difference
- How to install XAMPP on Windows ?
- How to run Linux Commands on Windows 10?
- Useful CMD commands for daily use in Windows OS
- IDE for Python programming on Windows
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.