Difference between AWS and Heroku
1. Amazon Web Services (AWS): Amazon Web Services are the cloud platform services that offer Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) products. It offers many services to its users which incorporates management, and analytics with data. It is an immense collection of cloud services for all needs. It is termed as a Substation of storage, database, and deployment offered to the users of AWS. Very popular services of AWS are Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). Following are some reasons for using AWS :
- It offers hybrid capabilities to your software by support for various previously known programming languages.
- It offers you the service to deploy your application in various zones.
- Deployment is fast on AWS.
- It gives you high computational power.
2. Heroku: Heroku is a cloud-based platform. It offers a Platform as a service (PaaS) product. Heroku is based on AWS and its services are simpler to use than Elastic Compute Cloud. It supports efficient building, deploying, and fast scaling. It is popular for its add-on capabilities as it supports many alerts and management tools. The services which are popular for Heroku are it helps you to create run-time applications without taking care of its infrastructure which is internally managed by the tool itself. Following are some reasons for using Heroku :
- It gives a scalable platform to deploy products over the cloud without taking care of infrastructure.
- It offers many supportive tools with a powerful dashboard.
- It is very efficient for beginners and is supportive.
- It also supports further integrations with AWS.
Differences between AWS and Heroku:
|Amazon Web services aka AWS is owned by Amazon.com
|Heroku is owned by Salesforce.com
|It is hosted on AWS servers
|It hosted on proprietary servers
|Types of Services
|It offers Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)
|It offers Platform as a service (PaaS)
|It uses Amazon RDS
|It uses Heroku Postgres
|Load balancer Platform, Database tier, Application tier.
|Web server/load Balancer, Database tier.
|Used by Medium Businesses and Large Enterprises
|Used by Enterprise projects, Startups.
|It is a little sophisticated and is used by professionals.
|It is easy and is recommended for beginners
|It supports Node.js, Clojure, Scala, PHP, and Python
|AWS costs $0.013 per hour.
|Heroku costs $0.05 per hour.
|AWS needs infrastructure management which is generally taken care of by the DevOps team.
|Heroku doesn’t need infrastructure maintenance.
|Yesware, Toyota and Westfield etc
|Airbnb, Coursera and Atlassian, etc.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...