Interesting Facts about C#
C# is a general-purpose, modern and object-oriented programming language pronounced as “C Sharp” or “C Hash”. It was developed by Microsoft led by Anders Hejlsberg and his team within the .NET initiative and was approved by the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO). C# is among the languages for Common Language Infrastructure and the current version of C# is version 7.2. C# is a lot similar to Java syntactically and is easy for users who have knowledge of C, C++, or Java.
Here are some awesome facts about C# that may interest you:
- The name of the C Sharp language is stimulated by the musical notation. Here sharp, represent the written note which should be made a semitone higher in pitch.
- Microsoft first time uses the name C# in 1988.
- The syntax of C# language is similar to the C-style family such as Java, C, C++.
- C# language is suitable for writing applications for embedded systems.
- C# language is good for developing games. It is also used by Unity(the majority leader in commercial game engines) to develop games.
- C# language contains the highest class that supports Generics and Templates.
- C# supports internationalization.
- C# language is used to developing web pages, android applications, etc.
- C# and XAML are the main languages used to develop Windows Store Apps.
- C# language has native garbage-collection.