C++ is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language. It supports generic programming and low-level memory manipulation. Bjarne Stroustrup (Bell Labs) in 1979, introduced the C-With-Classes, and in 1983 with the C++.
Here are some awesome facts about C++ that may interest you:
1. The name of C++ signifies the evolutionary nature of the changes from C. “++” is the C increment operator.
2. C++ is one of the predominant languages for the development of all kind of technical and commercial software.
3. C++ introduces Object-Oriented Programming, not present in C. Like other things, C++ supports the four primary features of OOP: encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction, and inheritance.
4. C++ got the OOP features from Simula67 Programming language.
5. A function is the minimum requirement for a C++ program to run.
6. C and C++ invented at same place i.e. at T bell laboratories.
7. Not purely object oriented: We can write C++ code without using classes and it will compile without showing any error message. The language have some extensions over C, that make OOP and generic programming more convenient.
8. Many programming languages are influenced by c++, some of which include C#, Java and even newer versions of C.
9 Concept of reference variables: operator overloading borrowed from Algol 68 programming language.
10.A major reason behind success of C++ is that it supports various programming styles. It is a multiparadigm programming language that not only supports OOP paradigm but also many other paradigms.
- Py-Facts - 10 interesting facts about Python
- Interesting Facts about C#
- Interesting facts about C Language
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- Interesting Facts in C Programming
- Interesting Facts About Java
- C++ bitset interesting facts
- Interesting Facts about Linux
- Some Interesting facts about default arguments in C++
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 1
- Interesting Facts about Macros and Preprocessors in C
- Interesting facts about switch statement in C
- Interesting facts about Fibonacci numbers
- Interesting facts about null in Java
- Some interesting facts about static member functions in C++
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.