Infosys Interview Experience for Power Programmer
Round 1: Online Test
It was a pure coding round with 3 questions:
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Related to finding maximum XOR subset
- Sliding Window Algorithm problem
- I don’t remember the third one. Other students also got questions on concepts like DP, bitwise operators, trees, greedy algorithms, etc.
I solved the 2 questions mentioned above completely and got shortlisted for the power programmer interview.
Round 2: Technical Interview
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Coding question related to “number of islands” problem. The interviewer gave me 10-15 mins for writing the code but telling just the approach of solving the question was also sufficient.
- Why do we need normalization in DBMS? What are its advantages and disadvantages?
- What is virtual memory?
- Explain block size and paging in the operating system.
- Difference between TCP/IP model and OSI model in computer networks.
- Difference between TCP and UDP protocol and also which is the better one.
- Explain method overloading and method overriding in detail with examples.
- Since I mentioned that I code in Python so he asked the difference between list and tuple in Python along with their time complexities.
- Brief discussion of projects and internships that I mentioned.
The interview was of 1 hour 15 mins. No HR round was conducted.