Image Processing in Java | Set 6 (Colored image to Sepia image conversion)
We strongly recommend to refer below post as a prerequisite of this.
- Image Processing in Java | Set 1 (Read and Write)
- Image Processing In Java | Set 2 (Get and set Pixels)
In this set we will be converting a colored image to sepia image.
In a sepia image the Alpha component of the image will be same as the original image(since alpha component denotes the transparency), but the RGB will be changed, which will be calculated by the following formula.
newRed = 0.393*R + 0.769*G + 0.189*B newGreen = 0.349*R + 0.686*G + 0.168*B newBlue = 0.272*R + 0.534*G + 0.131*B If any of these output values is greater than 255, simply set it to 255. These specific values are the values for sepia tone that are recommended by Microsoft.
- Get the RGB value of the pixel.
- Calculate newRed, newGree, newBlue using the above formula (Take the integer value)
- Set the new RGB value of the pixel as per the following condition:
- If newRed > 255 then R = 255 else R = newRed
- If newGreen > 255 then G = 255 else G = newGreen
- If newBlue > 255 then B = 255 else B = newBlue
- Replace the value of R, G and B with the new value that we calculated for the pixel.
- Repeat Step 1 to Step 4 for each pixels of the image.
Implementation of the above algorithm:
Note : This code will not run on online IDE as it needs an image on disk.
This article is contributed by Pratik Agarwal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.