Hewlett Packard Enterprise, India (formerly HP R&D) visited our campus in mid August.
Broadly there were 3 profiles : Servers, Storage and Networking. Location offered was Bangalore.
Round 1: Online Test
20 Aptitude Questions (Level was bit tough)
20 Technical Questions ( Level was average)
8 OOPS Questions(We had to select one language out of C++ or Java. C++ questions were mostly from pointers, Java was mostly about OOPs. The questions were tough)
Out of 385 students 50 were selected for the next round.
Round 2: Technical Interview
1. Asked which technology I am into
2. Questions from project (in great detail)
3. Questions about what I did as a member of Robotics Club
4. Write a program(any language) to read incoming byte stream and display the respective string
5. Design a system to store Articles (DBS concepts) and retrieve the most popular article (My answers: Sorting, Sorting using Map-reduce, Max Heap)
6. Given a big text file containing different sections, randomly access a user provided section and display on the screen.
# He was impressed because I did one program in Java and one in C.
# Don’t mention anything on the CV which you cannot defend.
Round 3: Technical/Managerial Interview (1 hour)
1. Tell me about your Parents
2. Tell me about your city (in great detail)
3. About the sports I play and the things I like in my favorite sportsman (this was an important physiological test)
4. Asked me which language I prefer, I said Java, so he made me write a basic C++ program and asked to explain every line of the code.
5. Write down your laptop configuration and explain each term. (Basic questions about processors, primary/secondary memory, and a little bit of OS concepts)
6. What do you mean by the clock speed of the processor.
7. Made me ask him 4 questions (which took about half of the time of the whole interview)
# Do not mention any term which you don’t know about, the interviewers quickly catch it and asks question about it.
Round 4: HR
(Telephonic, 15 minutes)
3. About the company.
4. Who is the CEO of HPE.
5. What kind of work I am looking for.
6. What non-technical things I learnt in my previous internship.
7. Ask me a question
# Always learn about the company before the interviews.
# Always ask the interviewer questions if asked to.
The interviews started at 8AM and went till 9PM. Everyone in the HPE team were very friendly. Out of 50, 7 were finally selected for FTE and 12 were selected just for the 6-month Internship.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise, India (formerly HP R&D) Interview Experience
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise for R&D Engineer
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Paytm Java Interview Experience( 2-4 year Experience during COVID19 )
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Computer Scientist (5 yr Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)