CSS flexbox: The flex property in CSS is the combination of flex-grow, flex-shrink, and flex-basis property. It is used to set the length of flexible items. The flex property is much responsive and mobile friendly. It is easy to positioning child elements and the main container. The margin doesn’t collapse with the content margins. Order of any element can be easily changed without editing the HTML section. The flexbox was added to the CSS standards a few years ago to manage space distribution and element alignment. Basically it is one-dimensional layout syntax.
Vertical align to center: The flexbox property is used to set the content to vertical align. The text content can be aligned vertically by setting the following display properties:
align-items and justify-content are the important properties to absolutely center text horizontally and vertically. Horizontally centering is managed by the justify-content property and vertical centering by align-items property.
Example 1: This example set the text content vertically align to center.
Example 2: This example illustrates how to set left align text vertically in a flexbox using CSS.
- How to vertically center text with CSS?
- How to make an image center-aligned (vertically & horizontally) inside a bigger div using CSS?
- CSS | text-align-last Property
- CSS | text-align Property
- How to align Placeholder Text in HTML ?
- Advance CSS layout with flexbox
- Flexbox utilities in bootstrap with examples
- How to set flexbox having unequal width of elements using CSS ?
- How to make flexbox children 100% height of their parent using CSS?
- Making a div vertically scrollable using CSS
- How to get card vertically centered between search bar and bottom of the viewport?
- CSS | Align
- CSS | align-self Property
- CSS | align-items Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.